Monday, September 7, 2009

Hospital Stay

My little boy has been feeling sick ever since he got his one year shots. After having a fever for about three days I called the doctor to see if I needed to take him in and they said that it was normal. So I kept him filled with Tylenol. Then on Sat. I was driving with my mom to her house, when she said look at him, his lip is quivering, she said. I looked back to see my little boy having a seizure. The ambulance came and we went to the hospital. It was really hard to see all of this, but Jake is doing good. The doctors have ruled out anything that would be really bad. He doesn't have a brain tumor or any bad infections. The doctors believe that the seizure was caused by a spike in his fever. They think that his fever has been caused by a viral infection, and today he is doing very well. His fever is gone, and he is back to his normal self. I wish I would have listened to myself, and just brought Jake into the doctor that day and maybe this could have been prevented. I don't think you should ever question your own feelings, especially if it is about your children's health, I know I won't again. He is going in for some more tests, and we hope for the best.

These are pictures of Jake in the hospital, the red light on his tow was his favorite. He just kept playing with it. The light was to keep track of his pulse, but Jake thought it was the greatest toy!

7 comments:

Tanille said...

Oh my gosh Tasha, THese pictures just break my heart!!! I am so glad that he is doing better and that his fever is gone. I have been thinking about you guys a lot today!!

Michael and Julie said...

Dear Jake,
Get Better Soon.

Anonymous said...

Holy Cow Tash! that is so sad! I so glad that Jake is doing better! Poor little guy. I'm so glad that nothing was seriously wrong too. I bet that was so scary. Glad that part is all over with. Let me know if you need anything! Love you guys!

Gillett Family said...

Hey Tosha... I'm so sorry to hear about that!! Poor lil guy! I'm glad he's doing better!
Take care
Brandy

Gillett Family said...

Holly Crap!!! I hate it when people spell my name wrong!!
So Sorry Tasha :)

Alyson said...

Aw poor Jake! Glad to know he's feeling better Tasha and that it was nothing too serious! I agree always listen to your intuition- you know!

kris said...

That is scary. This is Kris from Lake Powell. Terry Johnson called and told me to check out the pics of powell. They are great by the way:). I am sad to see Jake had a febrile seizure. They are so scary. Brooklyn, BraeLyn and Brikon all have had them. You feel so helpless. Brooklyn grew out of them @ age six. So if you need support or any questions just email us.. Talk to you later Kris:)